Thursday, July 30, 2009

I have been growing so much hair on my head lately that I actually have to spend a considerable amount of time styling it every day or else I end up looking like Robert Plant back in bell bottoms and shirt-open-to-the-navel days. It's attractive if you like dry, frizzy hippie hair, but I don't know anyone who does. Besides, it's unprofessional and I like my job too much to get fired for looking like I just came to work from a love-in.

So yesterday I stopped at the beauty supply store to buy some velcro curlers, hoping to be able to tame my mane somewhat. When I got to the counter to purchase them, I noticed something awesome on the package - this girl's hair.

I asked the girl ringing up my items if she thought I could get the curlers to style my hair like the girl's on the package. Fabulous, kind customer service person that she was, she began to tell me that I might want to opt for smaller curlers when the behind her started giggling. I was like "what? That was totally hot in 1989!! If you were a German girl."

No comments: